Who I Coach –
Runners, Cyclists, and Triathletes of all ability levels! If you have enthusiasm for what you do then it doesn’t matter if it’s your first marathon, your third Ironman, or your seventh 100mi trail run; I will help you make it a peak performance. Anyone and everyone can benefit from a coach. The structured training allows people with busy lives to get the most out of the time they have available to train.
Benefits of a seasoned coach include –
• Objective assessment of your strengths and weaknesses (limiters)
• Set and achieve realistic goals
• Remove doubt from your training
• Increase your accountability and motivate you to keep getting out the door!
• Decrease chance of injury, over-training, and under-performance
• Learn systematic training principles
• Reach your personal potential as an athlete
• Help you manage all the variables that go into a successful year of training and racing
How It Works –
I now offer full-service online training through workoutlog.com. This way you can be anywhere in the world and receive the benefits of a seasoned coach. We are all unique individuals and what works for one athlete does not necessarily work for another. If you are serious about your training and optimizing your performance, fitness, and overall health, then Point Positive Coaching is for you! As a competitive mountain biker, marathoner, long-course triathlete, cyclist, and ultra-runner, I possess both an expansive and unique breadth of experience to pull from. Plus, I have an insatiable need and desire to learn about all aspects of living a whole healthy life. This means the training plan must work for you and your unique schedule. Therefore, I work closely with you and your weekly schedule to make sure that you’re getting the most out of each session. Time is our most precious resource; Point Positive makes the most of it.
Want to do an Ironman-Distance Triathlon or an Ultra Marathon?
Ultra events are essentially aerobic time-trials where the average intensity sustained is some 15-20 heart-beats or below the athlete’s lactate threshold. Success in ultra events requires superior endurance, aerobic economy, process management, and arousal control. In seeking to create the optimum training program, these four critical success factors will be considered in your preparation:
• Superior Endurance – the ability to sustain optimal race intensity
• Superior Aerobic Economy – the ability to maximize aerobic efficiency at optimal race intensity
• Superior Process Management – the ability to create, remember, and execute an optimal race strategy
• Superior Arousal Control – the ability to resist the temptation to deviate from optimal race intensity.
Getting all this right is far more difficult than it seems and a key reason why intelligent athletes often appear to race above their fitness on game day.
2015 Rates –
My coaching services run $200/mo for multi-sport athletes and $150/mo for single-sport athletes. My start-up fee is $100 for triathletes and $75 for runners. Let’s get started today!
Let’s grab a coffee sometime –
Want to pick my brain on a certain topic? I’m available for face-to-face meetings. Just let me know you’re interested and we’ll set up a meeting. Approx. $75/hr
————————- Disclaimer —————————
Bob Shebest is not a dietitian or a personal trainer. For professional nutritional and/or personal training counseling, please contact a Registered Dietitian or a Certified Personal Trainer. My blog posts and any content found on my website are based on my own personal knowledge, research, and experience. Thank you.