Who I Coach –
Adult runners of all abilities. My “growth mindset” philosophy centers on simply getting better over time. As a coach, I’ll keep you healthy while building steady fitness toward your goals. Every run will have a purpose. Easy days will be easy so that hard days can actually be hard. I’ll teach you how to set yourself up so that every key session and race are peak performances.
Benefits of a seasoned coach include –
• Objective assessment of your strengths and weaknesses (limiters)
• Set and achieve realistic goals
• Remove doubt from your training
• Increase your accountability and motivate you to keep getting out the door!
• Decrease chance of injury, over-training, and under-performance
• Learn systematic training principles
• Reach your personal potential as an athlete
• Help you manage all the variables that go into a successful year of training and racing
How It Works –
I now offer full-service online training through workoutlog.com. This way you can be anywhere in the world and receive the benefits of a seasoned coach. We are all unique individuals and what works for one athlete does not necessarily work for another. If you are serious about your training and optimizing your performance, fitness, and overall health, then Point Positive Coaching may be a good fit for you!
As a competitive mountain biker, marathoner, long-course triathlete, cyclist, and ultra-runner, I possess both an expansive and unique breadth of experience to pull from. Plus, I have an insatiable need and desire to learn about all aspects of living a whole healthy life. This means the training plan must work for you and your unique schedule. Therefore, I work closely with you and your weekly schedule to make sure that you’re getting the most out of each session. Time is our most precious resource; Point Positive makes the most of it.
Want to do an ultra-marathon?
Ultra events are essentially aerobic time-trials where the average intensity sustained is some 15-20 heart-beats or below the athlete’s lactate threshold. Success in ultra events requires superior endurance, aerobic economy, process management, and arousal control. In seeking to create the optimum training program, these four critical success factors will be considered in your preparation:
• Superior Endurance – the ability to sustain optimal race intensity
• Superior Aerobic Economy – the ability to maximize aerobic efficiency at optimal race intensity
• Superior Process Management – the ability to create, remember, and execute an optimal race strategy
• Superior Arousal Control – the ability to resist the temptation to deviate from optimal race intensity.
Getting all this right is tricky, to say the least, and a key reason why intelligent athletes often appear to consistently perform above their ability on race day.
2021 Rates –
My coaching services run $160/mo for both ultra-running and triathlon. My start-up fee is $100. My time and expertise are valuable. And I work mindfully to ensure you get your money’s worth. Let’s get started today!
Bachelor’s & Masters in Education from the University of Connecticut with graduate work in sport psychology. Graduate of USA Triathlon’s coaching certification program. Fourteen years working as an endurance sports coach. For more information, please refer to my bio and race-results pages herein. Thank you for your interest in Point Positive Coaching!
————————- Disclaimer —————————
Bob Shebest is not a dietitian or a personal trainer. For professional nutritional and/or personal training counseling, please contact a Registered Dietitian or a Certified Personal Trainer. My blog posts and any content found on my website are based on my own personal knowledge, research, and experience. Thank you.